Seeking a full time Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) to collaborate with our patients and staff to uphold compassionate clinical care and clerical support.
Under the direction of a Registered Nurse, the CNA will be responsible for:
- Assisting patients with activities pertaining to their individual needs for daily living.
- Communicating patient care needs, change in condition, observations and responses to the appropriate RN.
- Documenting information related to patient responses and/or patient care activities on the appropriate tool.
- Providing basic care in a timely, and courteous, manner that encourages physical and mental comfort amongst patients and families.
- Other duties as assigned.
This position is a great opportunity for an individual who is flexible, patient, and skilled at clear communication and critical thinking.
EDUCATION: High school diploma or General Education Degree (GED) preferred. *Certification as a nurse assistant, completion of a basic nursing course, completion of Emergency Medical Technician training / certification, or completion of a hospital provided training course required. CNA required for placement in Skilled Nursing Units. Students in other health care related majors will be considered.
EXPERIENCE: One month related experience and/or training preferred.
CERTIFICATIONS: CPR certification (Minimum of Heartsaver certified) required within the first year of employment.