High school or GED
Job Summary:The Radiology Assistant performs patient-related clerical, maintenance, and direct patient care activities including assisting, transporting, preparing, and observing patients to facilitate safe, effective, and confidential patient care. The Radiology Assistant also provides environmental and technical support including room and equipment preparation/set-up for procedures, and clean-up of room/equipment after a procedure is completed.
As an EOE/AA employer, the organization will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, and veteran or disability status.Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Greets all patients, visitors, family members, physicians, and Associates in a courteous and professional manner. Addresses customers' needs efficiently, effectively, and confidentially.
- Transports patients safely and effectively by wheelchair or stretcher using side rails, safety straps, and locks as appropriate. Exercises caution with regards to oxygen tanks and other medical devices.
- Observes/monitors patients for comfort, safety, and mental and physical status while transporting and while in exam room. Alerts technologist, physician, or supervisor of patient problems or concerns.
- Recognizes equipment or patient problems and brings to attention of technologist, physician, or supervisor as appropriate.
- Prepares procedure rooms for examinations or procedures by obtaining required instruments, supplies, and equipment, and assisting in the creation and maintenance of a safe and orderly environment. Keeps non-compatible equipment/devices out of scanner room (MRI). Cleans exam rooms and equipment after procedures to prepare for next patient.
- Prepares patients for procedures per department standards and protocols, ensuring adherence to proper identification checks. Assists during procedures as requested and performs technical and limited patient care activities under the direction of a technologist, nurse, physician extender or physician.
- Maintains an adequate inventory of supplies and materials by reporting inventory depletion and restocking to ensure their continued availability and non-interruption of services.
- Adheres to departmental policies, procedures, standards, and protocols to ensure effective departmental operations and quality patient care. Demonstrates a high degree of knowledge and understanding of modality services/activities.
- Maintains a safe environment for patients, personnel, and visitors by requiring and supporting the establishment, maintenance, and education of an effective safety management program. Adheres to safety practices for staff, patients, and self.
- Remains proficient in the use Radiology/Information Management systems as needed.
- Participates in Performance improvement activities.
- Performs other functions as directed to assist and support the Technologist.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- CPR AHA-BLS certification required at hire.
- Previous experience in a patient care setting preferred.