Are you an energetic and dedicated nurse leader looking for the next fantastic opportunity in your career journey? We may have exactly what you're looking for right here in historic Fredericksburg, VA. This position has oversight for Medical and Surgical ICU, Stepdown, two Cardiac Units, and our Medical Surgical Emergency Response Team. Responsible for engaging approximately 250 FTE's with support from four Nurse Managers and five Assistant Nurse Managers.
If you are a #cantstopwontstop leader, we would love to talk to you about what we have to offer at magnet designated Mary Washington Hospital!
This position is accountable to align the Critical Care Center at Mary Washington Hospital and to provide strategic direction to meet the needs of the market place in which it serves. This position must demonstrate a commitment for high quality, low cost care to our patients, the public, our co-workers, and physicians. This position's duties and responsibilities will be carried out by working cooperatively and in coordination with the Chief of Service. This position will also serve as a member of the Hospital Senior Team.
As an EOE/AA employer, the organization will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, and veteran or disability status.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Manages the overall operations of the Critical Care Center in order to provide quality patient care in a timely, cost effective manner.
- Develops a business plan for the Critical Care Center which will define the scope of services, establishes objectives, and provides ongoing evaluation of the plan with guidance from physicians and Administration.
- Develops and implements operational strategies that will meet the identified objectives of the Critical Care Center and mission of the Hospital. Interfaces effectively with all customers (patients, physicians, families, Associates) to resolve operational concerns or customer satisfaction issues.
- Using significant input from physicians and Administration, develops and manages a comprehensive marketing plan for Critical Care Center which will define the market and promotional opportunities. Responds appropriately to market data analysis to ensure Critical Care services are meeting customer expectations and needs.
- Responsible for establishing quality standards for the center with input from appropriate physicians. Monitors the overall quality of the Critical Care Center in order to reduce any inefficiencies, coverage problems and response time, thus providing improved patient care.
- Analyzes financial and cost data to determine pricing strategies, provides cost benefit analyses, assists managed care with the negotiating of contracts and evaluates current and future programs from a value, cost and productivity perspective. Presents information and provides recommendations to appropriate physicians and Administration.
- Develops, administers, and monitors the total Critical Care Center budget to ensure operation within authorized fiscal allocation.
- Coordinates data collection and manages the data for care center patients. Interfaces with the Hospital Information Services Department. Interprets and shares information with appropriate physicians to enhance quality and operation of the product line.
- Interfaces effectively with senior administration, management, other departs and physicians in order to ensure that Critical Care at Mary Washington Hospital is patient focused, service oriented for all customers and provides excellent quality and cost effective care.
- Manages Associates. Ensures performance planning, coaching, and evaluation occurs; develops Associates using performance management.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- BSN required.
- Master's degree in nursing, hospital or business administration preferred.
- Three to five years of healthcare management experience. Must possess knowledge of Critical Care services and operations.
- Professional Nursing Leadership certification (ANCC or AONL) must be obtained within 3 years of hire date.
- Demonstrate considerable knowledge of marketing techniques, strategies and research.
- Must possess excellent communication skills and team building skills.
- Demonstrate ability to analyze data and make recommendations for long- and short-term strategies.
- Extensive knowledge of managed care principles and negotiating skills.
The Director/Manager has the primary responsibility for staying current with relevant compliance information and developments and for disseminating this information among his/her staff members. The Director/Manager is also responsible to provide a courtesy copy of the materials shared with staff to the Compliance Officer.