The Operating Room Technician functions in the surgical scrub role for operative and invasive procedures and performs all related duties as assigned, and may assist in circulating duties under RN supervision. They will perform one or more special assignments to maintain specialty service. They will submit one or more customer service or expense reduction initiatives annually.
***$2,500 Sign on Bonus***
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES – Other duties may be assigned.
- Maintains asepsis in surgical suite. Observes all members of surgical team for breaks in technique.
- Tracks implants and handles equipment per manufactures guidelines.
- Identifies opportunities to reduce waste and expense.
- Efficiently uses time in setting up and turning over room.
- Has the ability to scrub all cases in all services efficiently.
- Demonstrates flexibility with assignments to benefit, entice or flow.
- Demonstrates effective teaching skills with good communication and standards of behavior compliance.
- Can demonstrate, educate and measure competency on specialty equipment within service specialty.
- Restocks supplies in the department as needed.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- High School or GED required.
- Graduate of accredited program for Surgical Technologist.
- National certification or certification eligible.
- Current Basic Life Support for Healthcare Providers required.