The Supervisor of CT demonstrates competence in the area of CT assigns staff to work assignments and coordinates equipment maintenance throughout the NCH Healthcare System. Acts as liaison for patient care activities with outside departments. Observes staff, sets expectations, coaches and counsels' staff. Above all, this position serves to exceed the expectations of patients and all other customers we serve.
$5,000.00 Sign On Bonus
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES – Other duties may be assigned.
· Assigns equitable workload to all CT staff in accordance with established workflow. Maintains ability to work at any CT location within the NCH system.
· Assures timely accomplishment of assignments and ensures they meet organizational objectives.
· Instructs employees in specific tasks and job techniques, making sure scan protocols are accurate and followed.
· Trains new employees in accordance with established procedures and practices. Ensures all staff are trained to work at any site, any shift including taking call responsibility as required.
· Reports to administration, performance, progress and training needs of staff as well as disciplinary problems.
· Demonstrates ability to operate power injection system.
· Technologist demonstrates proper radiation safety and general practices for patient, self and others.
· Follows standard precautions.
· Demonstrates support and follows the policies for the Radiography Student Program.
· Provides all aspects of patient care based on established standards. Demonstrates competency in all procedures within scope of practice, as appropriate to the ages of patients served; the ability to obtain information and interpret information in terms of the patient needs; knowledge of growth and development and an understanding of the range of treatment of the patients.
· Resolves simple informal complaints of staff and refers others to Radiology Administration.
· Demonstrates ability to determine CT contraindications when not to use contrast enhancement.
· Coordinates ACR accreditation as required. Complies with JCAHO rules and regulations and assures proper training of staff.
· Adequate assessment of department and staffing needs.
· Participates in the peer interview process; interview and hire.
· Maintain all equipment in good operating condition, making sure all repairs are completed in an acceptable timeframe.
· Completes staff evaluations in a timely manner.
· Directs, motivates and guides staff to efficiently complete procedures while delivering excellent patient care.
· Proficient in the Radiographic Information System.
· Proficient using the PACS.
· Maintains clean and well stocked work area.
· Assists in training and orientation of new employees. Ensures each new employee completed new employee checklists and department orientation.
· Strives to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with all employees.
· Actively assists and supports departmental activities to ensure that operational and salary expenses are equal to or less than approved budget.
· Understands the principles and concepts of Performance Improvement. Looks for opportunities and solutions for process improvements and seeks to improve job skills.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
· Graduate of an approved AMA school of Radiologic Technology
· Minimum of 2 years of supervisory experience required
· ARRT Registered and FL HRS Certified
· Registered in CT, ARRT
· Current Basic Life Support for Healthcare providers from the American Heart Association is required.
· Good communication skills.