High school diploma or GED required
NCH Wellness Centers are seeking Group Exercise Instructors to expand our 180 weekly class offerings within our two, 40,000 sq ft centers. Ideal candidates will have multiple, nationally recognized group fitness certifications with the ability to teach multiple class formats. Instructors receive set schedules but must have flexibility to substitute teach for team members as needed. Candidates must possess a high degree of professionalism, effective interpersonal communication skills and the ability to positively motivate others within a group format. The ability to deliver a positive member experience is paramount. A minimum of 6 months teaching experience is required. Wellness employees enjoy complimentary Wellness Center access and discounted pricing for massage services.
This opening is to teach primarily Bootcamp and Cycling classes.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES – Other duties may be assigned.
· Teaches scheduled classes, beginning and ending on time.
· Provides proper group exercise instruction appropriate for class being instructed. Provides adequate warm-up and cool down.
· Offers modifications during classes to accommodate different levels of fitness.
· Provides legally purchased music appropriate for the exercise format.
· Designs new classes and programs and implements the program effectively.
· Educates and motivates participants and members.
· Records attendance numbers for every class.
· Assists patrons, answers questions, and maintains a positive exercise experience for members and class participants.
· Ability to cooperate and work well with other staff members subbing whenever possible and assisting with special events as needed.
· Reports unsafe conditions and equipment/facilities in need of repair to Coordinator.
· Supports the NCH Core Values at all times in the facility.
· Recognizes and responds effectively to incidents and emergencies. Completes variances for any applicable incidents occurring during class.
· Enforces and adheres to Center policies and etiquette expectations.
· Assists management with member communication by providing announcements before and/or after class.
· Assists in maintaining a clean and organized group fitness room and equipment.
· Coordinates substitution needs with appropriate Coordinator.
· Accepts personal responsibility for professional development and growth.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
· Minimum of High School or GED required.
· Minimum of 6 months of experience in group fitness as an instructor.
· Minimum of one nationally recognized Group Fitness Certification from AFAA, ACSM, NASM, ACE, YOGAFIT, SPIN, YOGA ALLIANCE, ZUMBA, WaterArt or any other nationally accredited organization.
· Current certification in Basic Life Support for Healthcare Providers from the American Heart Association required.
At NCH Healthcare System, we strive to build a diverse work force through equal opportunity employment that embraces and leverages the differences each individual has to offer. This job description is only a summary of the typical functions of the job and not intended to be an exhaustive list of all job responsibilities, tasks and duties.